Like all technology, your hearing aids require care and maintenance. Keeping your devices clean can help prevent wear and tear, extend the life of your technology, and keep you hearing clearly. Regular use of the following items can help ensure that your hearing experiences are second to none.
- AGX®Protect: The AGXProtect is the most efficient drying system in the hearing aid industry, operating in only 30 minutes! It functions by a fan with a temperature controlled environment of 113° degree Fahrenheit forced heated air, and a UV-C disinfection lamp. The device has 1 cycle of 30 minutes total including 25 minutes of forced heated air and 5 minutes of 360 degree UV-C light. It also does not require the use of additional desiccant dry aid bricks, and is backed with an industry leading 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- AGX Cleaning Wipes: Cleansing wipes that contain a surface-active agent that is effective against earwax but doesn’t cause damage, helping to facilitate the daily cleaning of your devices.
- AGX Cleaning Spray: A cleaning spray specially designed to dissolve earwax quickly, which helps improve sound quality without damaging hearing aids. This spray also helps prevent skin irritations and eczema.
- Dry & Store Global II: A drying and storage unit for nightly use with your hearing aids, cochlear implant hardware, tinnitus maskers, and ear monitors. This active system combines heat, moving air, and a desiccant to absorb and release moisture from your hearing technology. The process takes eight hours and is best used at night while sleeping. After conditioning your hearing system, the dehumidifier shuts off automatically and acts as a storage unit for your devices.
- Dry Caddy: A passive drying unit that helps protect against the damaging effects of moisture to both short-term and long-term performance of your hearing system. Dry Caddy uses a powerful, aggressive, and effective desiccant that absorbs moisture. This dehumidifier unit requires no energy to operate, and has no dangerous chemicals.
Call today to speak with your local AudigyCertifiedTM practice to find out which items will work for you.