Like all technology, your hearing aids require care and maintenance. Keeping your devices clean can help prevent wear and tear, extend the life of your technology, and keep you hearing clearly. Regular use of the following items can help ensure that your hearing experiences are second to none.
- AGX®Protect: A de-humidifier designed for the maintenance and storage of all types of hearing technology, this device is a maintenance chamber that dries and disinfects using ultra violet rays. This UV exposure eliminates over 99 percent of fungi and bacteria and greatly reduces itching and the chance of infections.
- AGX PerfectDry Lux: A dehumidifier designed for the maintenance and storage of all types of hearing aids, this device is a maintenance chamber that dries and disinfects your hearing aids using ultraviolet rays. This UV exposure eliminates over 99% of fungi and bacteria and greatly reduces itching and the chance of infections.
- AGX Cleaning Wipes: Cleansing wipes that contain a surface-active agent that is effective against earwax but doesn’t cause damage, helping to facilitate the daily cleaning of your devices.
- AGX Cleaning Spray: A cleaning spray specially designed to dissolve earwax quickly, which helps improve sound quality without damaging hearing aids. This spray also helps prevent skin irritations and eczema.
- Dry & Store Global II: A drying and storage unit for nightly use with your hearing aids, cochlear implant hardware, tinnitus maskers, and ear monitors. This active system combines heat, moving air, and a desiccant to absorb and release moisture from your hearing technology. The process takes eight hours and is best used at night while sleeping. After conditioning your hearing system, the dehumidifier shuts off automatically and acts as a storage unit for your devices.
- Dry Caddy: A passive drying unit that helps protect against the damaging effects of moisture to both short-term and long-term performance of your hearing system. Dry Caddy uses a powerful, aggressive, and effective desiccant that absorbs moisture. This dehumidifier unit requires no energy to operate, and has no dangerous chemicals.
Call today to speak with your local AudigyCertifiedTM practice to find out which items will work for you.